Trip to Leonardo Da Vinci Exhibit at the Museum of Science
Created by Michael Bowman
Applies to: Understanding and Participating in Community, Creative Expression
We will learn about Leonardo Da Vinci to illuminate our exploration of temporary Da Vinci exhibit at the Boston Museum of Science.
- We will learn about Leonardo Da Vinci to illuminate our exploration of temporary Da Vinci exhibit at the Boston Museum of Science. Learn background on Da Vinci and his work.
- Explore the idea of being an inventor, what would we love to invent if we could make anything?
- Travel to the Da Vinci exhibit & photograph our favorite inventions.
- DaVinci story
- Van or Charlie Card
- Leonardo Da Vinci: The man who wanted to know everything (start 2:30 into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rog5i2n1QVs for segment about testing his parachute design)
- Read DaVinci story
- Do worksheets.
- Watch movie
- Photograph our favorite inventions at the Da Vinci exhibit.
- Practice related “Vanilla Vocab” words.
- Brainstorm ideas for our own magical inventions!
Carrying the Concept Forward
Our familiarity with Leonard Da Vinci will illuminate our Daring to Dream work surrounding creative expression.
Table of contents: