Created by Meghan Montgomery January 2017
Applies To: Relationships, Critical Thinking, Self-Awareness, Understanding and Participating in Community
Purpose: Objectively choosing a film of interest and making a financial contribution towards it
- Increase awareness and understanding of money (value, amount, etc.)
- Increase ability to dialogue and self-advocate surrounding preferences and/or aversions
- Voting to discern preferences and accepting outcomes depending on whether it aligned with member’s interest or not
- White board and dry erase markers
- Movie service: Ex. iTunes, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
- Interactive white board
- Hundreds chart
- Contributions of physical $
- Ask members to identify two movies that all members have interest in watching, writing them on the board. Ask members to vote to decide which movie they will choose.
- With members, look up the cost of the movie—both the rental cost and the purchase cost. Ask members to break down (using division and related math concepts) how many dollars it would cost to rent vs. buy. Once information is complete, ask members to vote on their preference (rent or buy).
- Ask members to bring their wallets to the milieu and contribute their agreed upon amount, followed by watching the movie.