Created by Meghan Montgomery January 2017
Applies To: Understanding and Participating in Community, Social Awareness, Relationships, Critical Thinking
Purpose: To write a letter of gratitude to our 44th President of the United States for his eight years in office after having watched President Obama’s creativity and output, as well as sharing the knowledge and opinions learned throughout our political unit
Objectives: Refresh the role of the President of the United States as well as the terms of being a president (ex).
Commander in Chief/Chief of State/Chief Executive/Chief Administrator/Chief Diplomat/Chief Legislator/Party Chief/Chief Citizen
1 terms equals 4 years
Can run two terms or 8 years
Recreate an image of our President via imagination or from an array of provided images
Think of one or more positive memories of President Obama and write or type them out
Send to the White House following these guidelines:
- If you write a letter, please consider typing it on an 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet of paper. If you hand-write your letter, please consider using pen and writing as neatly as possible.
- Please include your return address on your letter as well as your envelope. If you have an email address, please consider including that as well.
- And finally, be sure to include the full address of the White House to make sure your message gets to us as quickly and directly as possible:
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
- Provided images or do your own computer search
- 8 ½ by 11 in paper or Letter Template
- Media based materials
- Pre-drawn lines on pages
- iPads and/or laptops
- YouTube clips
- Refresh the President’s Farewell speech and go over activity and materials, beginning with creating an image (from memory or using an array of provided imagery
- Create an image related to President Barack Obama’s presidency with mixed media materials.
- Write a letter to President Barack Obama following the template provided.
Table of contents:
~hc~ end tiki_plugin -->