By Meghan Montgomery May 2017
Applies To: Understanding and Participating in Community, Life Skills, Critical Thinking, Creative Expression
Purpose: To better understand the concept of Lego LIFE—a creative new APP designed by Lego
- To learn the term APP—if unfamiliar to members
- To download the APP and do a demo of how it works. See link: https://www.lego.com/en-us/life
- To practice customizing a character, practice Lego challenges, learn more about other Lego fans, etc.
- News-2-U Lego Life Story published on May 22, 2017
- News-2-U Worksheets
- Coloring and writing implements
- Lego Life Worksheet
- Physical Legos if available to make more concrete
- Interactive White Board—to project if available
- Access to the Web
- Read the Lego LIFE News-2-U story asking each member to read a page if able and/or willing (Higher Version)
- Watch 2 videos on Lego LIFE—see links:
- Have staff slowly read the Advanced Version of the News-2-U story to reinforce concepts.
- Download the APP as a group and do a community demo via projection onto the IWB
- See if members have interest in exploring this concept further—why or why not? Tie to social media and alternative community connections. Elaborate.
- Do the News-2-U worksheets related to the Lego LIFE story