Created by Meghan Montgomery, 3LPlace, December 2016
Applies to: Relationships, Self Awareness, Social Awareness.
Objective: Help individuals deal with the stress of holiday gift giving and gift getting and recognize that this experience is different for everyone, based on their own friend, family and financial systems.
Mailing wish lists to a beloved person (for example, a family or dear friend) to alert them to individuals holiday wish list
- Photocopy of wish list
- Family or friends address
- Pens/pencils/markers, etc.
- Review wish list and isolate one person to mail the wish list too
- Write a short letter to the person, stapling wish list to the letter, followed by addressing envelope (“To” and “From”) and putting a stamp on the envelope
- Walk to a mailbox or the Post Office to mail letter/s
Note: Not everyone benefits from the generosity shared around the holiday season by strong family systems. Be alert to individual backgrounds and triggers in conducting this activity.