Making a Deodorant Routine Lesson Plan
Created by Rachel Steinberg, 3L Place, April 2018
Applies to: Life Skills
Purpose: To understand why hygiene routines are important in the context of activities of daily living.
Objective: To plan, start, and carry out a new routine for putting on deodorant.
- Social script (see attached)
NOTE: This is an example of how to potentially introduce a new hygiene routine into a member’s life through a social script. Please alter the visual/social script and lesson plan to fit your member’s personal needs.
- Sit down with member and read over social script.
- Create a plan for buying deodorant at the store.
- Implement the routine everyday until the member becomes independent.
- If applicable: discuss with member about routines can be altered, and do alter the routine if necessary.