Created by Michael Bowman
Applies to: Creative Expression, Self Awareness, Work and Career
Purpose: To help members learn how to tell their own stories, both in their lives and through their art.
- Follow the “Storytelling”” lessons from Pixar & Khan Academy’s “Pixar in a Box” using their video content and modified versions of their activity lessons.
- Help members gain foundational skills that will help them voice their unique perspectives through multiple expressive modalities. Utilize the lessons to help scaffold executive function demands inherent in the organization of telling a story.
- Computer with internet access
- Modified worksheets
- Markers and Pencils
- iPad and Smartboard
- Using iPad and Smartboard, go to https://www.khanacademy.org/partner-content/pixar/storytelling and watch the first two video lessons, ”introduction to Storytelling” & “Your Unique Perspective,”pausing after each for group discussion.
- Do “Lesson 1” worksheets.
- Share individual work with the group before putting them in binder.
Carrying the Concept Forward
This lesson will provide the foundation for future Pixar-based lessons and will support other forms of creative expression that they are already working on.