Goal: To encourage daily participation in household/programmatic clean up chores in an effort to keep spaces more organized and hygenic as well practice simple work and career chore tasks.
- Encourage members to generate a list of household/programmatic chores that are relevant to them.
- Encourage members to think of chores that could potentially lead to jobs of interest, even if just practice jobs vs. career paths.
- Encourage members to rate the chores in order of their areas of interest.
- Have members pick their two preferred chores, eventually narrowing it down to one.
- Encourage members to wear their chore lanyards during chore windows to support motor planning/sequencing of steps.
- Encourage members to become increasingly independent and efficient over the course of the one month practice.
- Encourage members to check off their chore chart after completing their daily chore.
- Encourage members to generalize these skills to other environments - sharing chores of the month with family members and/or roommates and/or spouses/partners
- Help members rotate chores monthly, updating chore charts and adding in new chores as they are suggested and/or emerge.